Lantra Awards Technical Award in Sit-
What is included in our courses: Training
Use of ATV
Full PPE (helmet etc)
Lantra Awards Certificate
Locations Available: Bala, Llandrindod Wells.
Duration: 1 day
Max number of learners: 3
Min number of learners: 1
Summary / introduction:
ATV’s or quad bikes are not only fun, but are also very versatile vehicles with a range of attachments including trailers, sprayers and spreaders making them an effective and flexible business tool. However even the most experienced ATV riders can find themselves in a potentially dangerous situation, and without the proper training serious accidents can occur.
The ATV sit-
Upon completing the Lantra Awards Sit-
• Comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on safe practice.
• Identify the risks associated with using a sit-
• Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Understand the main causes of accidents.
• Identify the controls and components.
• Understand the function of all instruments.
• Carry out daily checks as indicated in the operator’s manual.
• Carry out appropriate pre-
• Identify and report any faults.
• Start up and drive over a variety of terrain and ground conditions.
• Carry out a ‘failed hill’ climb (full course only).
• Carry out a risk assessment and plan the route.
• Operate the sit-
• Identify loading/towing capacities.
• Drive with loads and trailed equipment (full course only).
• Load and secure for transport on the road (if appropriate).
• Understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on the public road.
• Identify track profile and weight transfer.
• Load and unload machine from trailer/lorry.
• Legal aspects
• Health and safety
• What is a sit-
• Transmissions and traction
• What affects stability?
• Common causes of accidents
• Vehicle checks
• Basic driving
• Failed hill climb techniques
• Driving on diverse terrain
• Carrying loads
• Towing trailers/equipment
• Auxiliary equipment
• Use of ATVs on the public road
Course / product type: Integrated Training & Assessment
Assessment type: Internal assessment and external verification
Course / product delivery: Theory and practical based
LANTRA Awards Off Road Driving Courses
Used correctly, off-